I’m an eyebrow girl. I know that sounds weird, but I promise you it’s not. I appreciate a good set of eyebrows and think that they change the entire look of your face. Brows that are too thin can age you and make you look like a Barbie doll (in a bad way), while brows that are too thick or unruly resemble a caterpillar.
One piece of advice my mother gave me growing up was to never over-pluck your eyebrows. This couldn’t be more true, and as I started to see girls my age over-doing it, I was glad I still had my original ones in-tact. Although I look back at photos of myself from junior high and even high school and cringe at my brows (and lack of makeup), I like to think that now I know what looks best and what doesn’t.
However, there is one thing I wish I could change about my brows- the shape. Some women have beautiful, natural arches, and some have thick and perfectly-straight ones. The truth of the matter is that my natural hair line only can do so much for me. If I were to let my brows fully grow out (this would take a few months) and then tried to re-shape them, I still wouldn’t be able to achieve a high arch because my brow hair doesn’t grow up that high on my face.
So all I can do is work with what I’ve got and have brow envy towards the women below.
Brows I Envy
- Demi Lovato – That arch is just perfect!
- Katie Perry – Her brows are thick without being too thick, and frame her face really well.
- HannaBeth – Although hers are more straight than arched, they give her a youthful appearance.
- Megan Fox – I think this one goes without explaining — she has the perfect, natural brow arch with a full head/front.
- Lauren Conrad – She’s come a long way since the brows she had on Laguna Beach.