Like most Americans, I’ve spent most of my nights watching bits and pieces of the Olympics coverage. All of the medals we’ve been winning has inspired me to put together some of my picks of the best Olympic inspired makeup in shades of gold, silver, and bronze. Some highlights include a nail polish with real flecks of 18K gold in it, an eyeshadow that lasts all day long, and a lipgloss infused with Goji berry.
The best part about these three shades is that they are variations of neutrals, so you can wear them any time of the year and for any occasion. Just save anything that’s super shiny or glittery for night instead of day. Which shade of Olympic inspired makeup is your favorite?
If gold jewelry tends to look on you, then gold makeup will, too. It pairs especially well when wearing red, black, or emerald green.
- Sephora Eyeshadow in “Gold Glitter” – This eyeshadow from Sephora is a highly pigmented pressed-powder formula. The gold has a glittery finish and gives 10 hours of wear.
- Sephora by OPI 18K Gold Top Coat – If gold on your face isn’t your thing, an easy way to wear it is on your nails! This glittery top coat adds some shimmer to any base color you choose.
- Smashbox Gold Intuitive Lipgloss – This metallically-gold shade delivers a rich color with just one coat.
If you have a fairer skin tone or hair color, silver will likely look best on your in terms of makeup. It looks extra nice when wearing blues, purples, and pinks.
- Make up Forever Aqua Eyes in “Metallic Silver” – This waterproof, 24-hour wear eyeliner is a Sephora staple for a reason.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls in “Silver Spark” – This shadow has two shades to choose from — a pretty silver and then shimmer pearls in various silver shades.
- Essie Nail Polish in “Silver Bullions” – This silver nail shade pairs perfectly with silver shoes or jewelry for a fancy event.
Almost anyone can pull off bronze makeup, as it’s a nice balance between silver and gold and is a fun take on traditional brown.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in “Bad to the Bronze” – These eyeshadow pots deliver a creamy formula with no creasing and up to 24 hour wear.
- Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in “Bronze Shimmer” – An added bonus to the bronze, shimmery color is the sweet almond oil and vitamin E (which conditions and improves lip texture).
- Smashbox Bronze Lights – I couldn’t include a roundup of bronze makeup with including a bronzer, right?