Fall Beauty Products
With every season comes a change in my beauty and hair routine (and in this case, new fall beauty products). In the summer, my skin usually is a few shades darker (with some freckles) from the sun which lets me go foundation-free, my hair is a frizzy mess from the humidity, and it’s socially acceptable to wear brighter colors on your lids, cheeks and lips. Now that fall has arrived, it’s time to make a few changes in my makeup’s color, texture and purpose.
Fall weather is very confusing — one day you’re wearing your favorite summer sundress and the next you’re searching through your closet for your winter sweaters. And let’s not even get started about the rain. With that being said, here are my go-to products and an explanation on each. What are your favorite fall beauty products for the fall transitional weather?
- Fall scented body wash. What better way to take advantage of the seasonal products than with a yummy-smelling body wash? Bath & Body Works always has the best scents, and this Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Shower Gel is no exception. This shower gel includes Shea Butter for soft skin and Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for complete moisture — perfect for dry skin.
- A tinted chapstick. For fall, you want something that will protect and moisturize your lips with the added bonus of a little color. This Fresh Sugar Passion Tinted Lip Treatment offers full protection with a hint of color- perfect for everyday wear. It’s a great alternative to heavy lipstick.
- A lightweight moisturizer. With the change in weather, you’ll need to keep your skin moisturized more than ever. Cold outdoor air/wind and the heat from inside your house can dehydrate your skin. This Kiehl’s Rosa Arctica Lightweight Cream has the added bonus of anti-aging properties, although it’s a great moisturizer even if you’re not worried about wrinkles.
- Fall-colored nail polish. Essie’s Fall collection includes the ideal mix of a dark green, burgundy and red hues, and neutral “greiges” that carry over well from fall to winter. I just got my Stylenomics (dark green shade) in the mail and can’t wait to try it out.
- Easy-to-use eyeliner. Thick, winged liner is hot for fall, and NARS’ Eyeliner Stylo deposits just the right amount of color in a fluid motion. Even makeup newbies can easily achieve this look with one swipe of this formula- I promise you. Tired of black? Opt for a navy or brown liner for a change.
- Wind-proof hairspray. With fall comes stronger winds, and with stronger winds comes messy hair and annoying flyaways. Combat these problems and keep your style in-tact with L’Oréal Elnett StrongHold Hairspray. It’s a salon and celebrity favorite for a reason.
- Brow powder & wax. Well-groomed, thick defined brows are in for fall, so make sure yours are up to par with the help of Smashbox Brow Tech. This powder and wax trio has everything to fill in those sparse spots and keep your brows clean and neat. Choose from the 4 shades to find the one that matches to your brows.
- Hair repairing mask. If you’re like me, summer probably took a toll on your hair. The sun, chlorine and heat all damage your mane, so using a repairing mask in the fall is a must. A good drugstore buy is Organix Repairing Instant Recovery Hair Mask Cream, which will leave your hair shiny and bouncy.
These are great products!! I’m going to refer to this as my go-to beauty list 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Tinted chapstick is just about the best idea ever. I’m really not a huge fan of lipstick, so this is perfect!
This brand is so good, but Maybelline makes a cheaper kind that’s great too.
I need the pumpkin body wash!
I know, right? I’d probably use it year-round, too.
Great products! I definitely need to do some kind of summer rehab on my hair! Love all essies colors!!
ooh i love this! i’m a skincare products junkie and i love learning about new products! i haven’t tried any of these, but i definitely will. i start using my dermalogica lip repair and hand cream in the fall because my lips and hands get so dry and chapped with the cooler weather!
yes- lip repair is a must!
Love that Fresh lip balm!It imparts such a pretty dose of color!
My boyfriend loves kheils!
I can’t wait to check out that NARS liner. I still use a pencil but I know I need to switch to liquid. This sounds like the perfect hybrid! My favorite Essie shade right now is Bordeaux- I have it on my toes at the moment!
It’s very easy to use- a huge plus!
My skin gets so dry in fall/winter so a light moisturizer is a must for me too! I also love switching my eyeshadow palette to browns/golds and paint my nails nude or deep burgundy. You’ve got me totally inspired to trade out my summery smelling body wash for a pumpkin scent now too. Great post Rachel!
Thanks Stephanie- I agree with all of your picks- especially the darker polish.
I love those Essie polishes!
Great picks! Thank you for sharing! I must try that B&BW body wash
I’ve been using that Organix scent and obsessed! I catch myself creepily smelling my hair because it smells so good! lol
hahaha hilarious! I do that too with certain shampoos.
great list! I’m scared to try that body wash, i may want to eat it since it sounds SO yummy! And I really need to get a dark green or burgundy nail polish for this season.
hahaha that’s so funny AJ! I always like products that are scented like food now that I think about it- how weird!
i love love nars!!
I love Sugar’s lip balms…and pumpkin body wash? Yes, please!
They’re a little pricey, but last a long time and work!
Oh I love Essie’s fall colours, hoping see those little beauties sitting on my counter. I’ve been meaning to try Smashbox’s brow tech, I love all their other products so I’m sure this one will be no different too. Great post.
Thanks Jenee! I’m more of an OPI girl, but lately I’ve been loving Essie just as much.
Great products! Your blog is lovely! 🙂
Thank you so much!- I’m checking out yours now!
Isn’t it the best?