My Christmas Wishlist
Since I already know what gift “Santa” is bringing me this year (a clipless curling iron), there isn’t much mystery left to my Christmas. Now that I’m older, my parents usually get me one gift. Since I already bought myself a laptop last year, my 7-year-old iPod is still kicking (knock on wood), and I already have a GPS, I couldn’t really think of any “one” item I needed other than a nicer, high-end curling iron that would work on my long, thick hair. I’m not going to let my age stop me from creating a Christmas list (and buying myself a few gifts because I deserve it)- that’s the fun part of the season! So if money weren’t an issue and this girl had an unlimited Christmas list, here’s what it would include.
(1) Every girl needs a little black bag for going out. Mine is currently a cheap Target version that is falling apart, so I’d like to invest in a nice one like this Kate Spade Brightspot Avenue Sally bag.
(2) A medium-sized brown bag is my go-to, everyday bag. I’ve had the same one for a few years now, and it’s time for a change. This beautiful Kate Spade Charlotte Street Miles bag would do the trick!
(3) I just can’t resist the cuteness and fun glitter on this Kate Spade Sprinkle Mallory clutch. Can you blame me?
(4) With 2013 right around the corner, I’m in need of a new planner. This Lily Pulitzer agenda has bright pink flamingos on it- how fun!
(5) I’ve heard so many good things about this book (MWF Seeking BFF) and it’s been on my wishlist for a while now. It tells one girl’s ups and downs of trying to find a female best friend as she gets older. It’s an issue that hits home to me (since it’s hard to meet new girl friends and stay in touch with old ones,too) and goes into details of women’s friendships.
(6) I love reading Jenny’s blog, The Bloggess, and I can only imagine what hilarious and embarrassing stories are in this “mostly true memoir” of a book.
(7) My jewelry collection currently is sprawled all over my dresser and it random bins. It needs a nice home, and these jewelry stands from The Container Store would be a huge help.
(8) Do I really need another makeup bag? Well yes- if it has kittens on it! This cute Paul & Joe cat makeup bag would be perfect for my lipsticks and glosses.
(9) Since I’m oddly obsessed with Ouija boards and weird stuff like that, I adore this cute pouch from Etsy. Trust me, I’d find something to put in it (pencils, pens, money?)
(10) I love jeweled statement necklaces like this cheapie from Forever 21. Enough said.
(11) I have a soft spot for heart jewelry, and this delicate silver heart necklace from Stella & Dot is the perfect piece for layering.
(12) Another Forever 21 inexpensive necklace I want for no reason at all other than it’s pretty.
(13) It’s winter and I like cats. So this cute beanie is right up my alley.
(14) I lovvveee hearts, and this sweater looks comfy and warm, too.
(15) I need a new pair of slippers, and these kitten ones are too cute.
(16) My current brow powder is running out, and I’ve heard great reviews of Benefit’s Brow Zings. I’ll take the lightest ash shade, please.
(17) I’m a huge lover of their Hi Beam highlighter, so it’s about time I splurged (or had someone splurge on it for me) on Benetint.
(18) I’m always on the hunt for a new mascara, and this one is supposed to create the longest, thickest ones out there.
(19) Pores suck. I’d like to try this miracle item from Benefit. Can you tell I love Benefit products or what?
One of the first things I go when I am in the USA in exactly 5 days is go to Forever 21 and get the cutest heart sweater ever hahaha. love it
that’s awesome you’ll be here in 5 days- how exciting!
I also love that F21 heart sweater- so cute and cozy 🙂
great christmas list! I am glad I am not the only one with parents who only do one gift now too! but i really do like your pics! those necklaces are so pretty 🙂
yes! I’m no spoiled brat 😛
That heart sweater is really cute! I may have to get it!
Now that I’m an adult, my parents don’t even get me holiday gifts anymore! It’s okay though because I usually wind up buying whatever I wanted for myself anyway 🙂
I think once I move out (I’m 23 and live at home while I figure my life out) the gifts might go away haha so I agree with buying gifts for yourself (I already bought a nice ring)
I love the heart sweater ! You are right, we gotta keep creating christmas lists hehe age should not take away that fun 🙂
exactly! It’s fun to dream and wish we had some nice things!
There is no mystery to Christmas for me either. I pretty much purchased all my own gifts “from my husband” and my parents always ask me what I would like or need. I love the Kate Spade bags you featured, but my favorite just might be the heart sweater!
haha I think a lot of people in their 20’s and 30’s buy their own gifts, so we’re not alone!
I must get those kitty slippers!
Love that second bag and the heart sweater. And I use Brow Zing and swear by it – I love it!!!!
That’s great- the more positive reviews I hear, the more likely I am to buy it!
I love that heart sweater, and both the books look good too. I’ve been needing something new to read around Christmas time! Thanks Rachel
I love that heart sweater, it’s so cute. And I pretty much want all 3 Kate Spade bags!
Love those bags and now I’m gonna check out Jenny’s book!
LOVE the Kate Spade bag. I’m obsessed with a cute, structured tote like that. Great picks, honey!
What a great wish list. Love all your picks. That Kate Spade bag is beautiful and I love Forever 21 necklaces too! xo, Julie
This is one wish list I could have too Rachel….I’m also so into journals & that Lily is worth checking out!
I love those two Kate Spade bags! And the heart sweater!!! I have a giant fascination with the spirit world (I totally believe in thst stuff) but I am a big baby and I am scared of Ouija boards! Although I think that it would be SO cool to collect old ones! That bag is great!
haha I’m not sure if I believe them or not, but they just fascinate me. No one ever wants to use one with me, I need a partner!
Love that Stella & Dot necklace, so sweet!
I’ve been using the Porefessional primer all month and the they’re Real! mascara and they’re AMAZING. Great mascara and great primer in general.
Also, if you’re looking for a cute planner, Target has a ton of Kate Spade-esque 2013 planners right now at Target!
I’m glad you like them, it makes me want to buy them more when I hear good reviews! I will check out Target for sure- I basically love everything they have
I actually have a post just like this that I’ll be posting later this week! My parents do the same thing for me so I always know what I’m getting. Since I accidentally ran John’s digital camera through the dryer we are getting a new camera this year, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming of the gifts I’d get myself with an unlimited budget. 🙂 #5 sounds like a really great book – my best friends are in PA and I never see them anymore. I’ve had a really tough time making new girl friends in FL so I feel like I could relate to that book a lot.
haha the dryer ruins a lot of nice items- phones, money, and apparently cameras! Even though I do have girl friends, I feel like being in a relationship and also living far away from many of them makes it hard- I can relate. If I read the book I’ll let you know how it is!
What a great spread of gift ideas. I really love that cat makeup bag from Urban Outfitters. And who doesn’t love a Kate Spade New York bag?! I think nobody.
I wouldn’t have guessed that #10 was F21! I love when that happens 🙂 I love your picks!
Their jewelry is always so nice and cheap!
You need to read Jenny’s book, stat! It’s hilarious! MWF Seeking BFF is on my reading list too.
I’ll take your word! I really want to read it!
Love the Kate Spades and the benetint. That stuff works miracles and Sephora is just too fun to walk around in!
I love everything there, I just wish it was cheaper!
I loooove bag #2! I also love those jewelry stands from Container Store. My list already contains similar organizers for my make-up, but I didn’t see the jewelry ones!
Also, my mom gave me the Seeking BFF book when I moved out to California. I haven’t read it yet, but I totally should since it’s basically been the story of my life since abandoning everyone else I know for a new life with the Mr.
Great list 🙂
I love the makeup ones, too (but my jewelry corner of my room is wayyy messier). If you end up reading the book, let me know!
I love all of these items! I’ve heard such amazing things about the Benefit High Beam product & now that I know you use it, I want to try it even more!! You have such flawless skin!
It does wonders! Thank you for the sweet comment Amy 🙂
Love the Kate Spade bag (#2) it would be so perfect for so many occasions! Also, my jewelry could also use #7, right now I’m using leftover wine bottles, that actually works pretty well! And YES you should treat yourself to #17… I use mine all the time!
Ooh that is a nice idea, too! I might just buy 17 for myself now that so many people said they love it!
Wow, so many great options! 1, 3, 7, and 19 are my favorites!
I love LOVE that second Kate Spade bag. I am on a desperate hunt for an everyday bag that I can use for work and play and that is definitely a contender! Perfect size!
I have to tell you that I have super long and think hair and I LOVE my Remington Curling Wand I bought on Amazon. It’s ridiculous how much faster and long it holds than any other curling iron I’ve ever owned. Also the Benefit mascara is INCREDIBLE. It really does make my lashes look like falsies. 🙂
Good to know- makes me want it more!
That is an amazing wishlist! I have also been eyeing the Jenny Lawson book and I also like weird stuff like Ouija boards!!! Love the etsy bag. New reader, love your blog!
um YES get #18 that mascara works FABULOUS love love it! and #19 love that primer works so well!
ooh good to know!
Stoooop. Everyone keeps reminding me how behind I am on Christmas haha. Your list is lovely. I am excited for you to get your fancy new curling iron. It’ll be nice for you to have a hair tool that works on your hair, I have a few that are horrible and it makes doing my hair such a pain!
Lovely list dear! <3 I love or want everything you picked! :))