DIY Rhinestone Letter
This DIY craft is a fun way to add personality to your space-whether it’s above your bed, on your home desk or even to style an entryway table. I decided to go down the more feminine route and use rhinestones instead of magazine clippings (that DIY will be up soon). The variety of stones add color to an otherwise bland black bookshelf in our new apartment.
- A letter/initial from a craft store (Michaels and AC Moore have tons of options in size and material)
- Decopauge (Mod Podge is my favorite)
- Sponge applicator
- Rhinestones (make sure they have a flat side for easy application)
1. Lay your letter down on a flat surface with newspaper down to protect your table from any decopauge glue drippings.
2. Sort out the colors of your rhinestones in the pattern of the letter. You might not want too many blues near each other, for example, or maybe you want to create a striped or dotted pattern.
3. Apply decopauge glue with a sponge to a small section of the letter and apply the rhinestones flat-side-down on top of the glue. After all rhinestones are on, let it sit and dry for about 15 minutes.
cool diy and easy to do.
I am all about monograms, so I love little projects like this!
What a fun project! Very neat idea.
Rachel, I love this diy Project. I am actually looking for a nice present for my best friend, I think I found it. Thank you so much. I hope you are well?
I love how this came out! Such a great DIY
How fun! Love the colors! xo, Julie
very cute- very bling- great piece!
Think I am going to do this with my daughters, so cute!!
This came out really cute! Everything is better with rhinestones 🙂
How cute is this!
Those rhinestones look huge! Where did you find large ones?
Michaels! They’re medium-sized I’d say
Cute idea! My little sister would love this!
Awe this is so cute! I can also see this being customized to fit like a little kids room, baby blue for a boy, baby pink for a girl, etc… very cute! x
Super cute idea!!
Love this, Rachel!
That is so cute!
That’s too fun! I love the way it turned out!
So fun, perfect desk accessory
So fun and colorful!
What an AWESOME DIY….that looks fabulous Rachel! I want one 🙂
OO love!! I need to make this ASAP for my classroom this year!
Such an adorable and easy diy!! I love it! Thanks for sharing! :
Aw this came out so cute, what a fun project!