Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FortunaForAll #CollectiveBias #cbias
Last week I had the pleasure of helping internet sensation Grumpy Cat ring in her 6th birthday in New York City. The event, Purina and PetSmart’s “Save a Fortune” Event, gave guests an opportunity to take photos with Grumpy Cat, receive their own fortunes, and learn how to save a fortune on future Purina purchases at PetSmart. You’re sensing a theme here, right?
First of all, Grumpy Cat is adorable. She’s so much smaller in person that I would have ever imagined. And yes, she’s just as grumpy as you would think. How adorable are these Grumpy Cat cake pops? I almost didn’t want to eat mine because it was too cute. Almost…
If you’re wondering why a group of people would celebrate a cat’s birthday, well you probably don’t have a pet of your own. Every year, I celebrate my two cats’ birthdays with a little something special. I’m not throwing them a huge birthday party or anything (no judgement here if you do), but a little treat is a nice way to show them you care.
We celebrate Bella’s birthday on April 1 of each year (she just turned 5) and Harvey’s on October 1 of each year (he’s about 3 and a half right now). They both are huge fans of new foods for their birthdays. Instead of just giving them their regular dry cat food, I treat them to something else, like a new flavor of cat food or treats.
For Bella’s birthday this past April 1st, I headed to my local PetSmart and picked up a few items, like:
- Purina® Pro Plan Shredded Blend Chicken and Rice dry cat food. This is a unique blend of crunchy kibble mixed with tender meaty pieces. And it has prebiotic fiber to help promote digestive health.
- Purina ONE® Grain Free Wet Canned Food. Harvey can’t tolerate grain, so we feed him grain-free cat food. I love swapping in wet food to their feeding routine since it helps promote healthy hydration that cats require.
- Furry mice toys. The more they look like the real mice, the better. For some reason Bella likes it when they are white/black/brown. The purple or neon green mice don’t get her excited to play.
Is your pet’s birthday coming up? If so, you should take advantage of the “Save a Fortune” promotion at PetSmart. Here’s what to do:
- Spend $20 on qualifying Purina products between now and May 18th, 2018.
- Receive a $5 PetSmart gift card after submitting a photo of the receipt to PurinaFortunes.com. You’ll be mailed the gift card in 8-10 weeks.
- You also have the chance to win more great prizes by participating in an interactive instant win game with Madame Fortuna at PurinaFortunes.com.
- Share with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.